Friday, February 22, 2008

5 reasons...

... I'm feeling overwhelmed~

  1. With the clock ticking away, I have approximately 2 hours to choose paint colors for the house. A cozy house with a tan roof that has certain needs when it comes to paint. Nothing too light, nothing too dark but something somewhere in the middle.... whatever that may be. And with 1320 colors to choose from, this is no easy feat.
  2. A pile of birthday crown pieces are patiently awaiting assembly. Leave it to my daughter for being the responsible one in this situation as she carefully chose the fabric, felt and jacquard weeks ago. Did I mention that I need to make 3 by Monday?
  3. My blog life has become all consuming and although I love being a part of this realm, it is taxing on my day to day life. I can see it in my children's eyes and wish I had the energy and time to be everything for them and also have a fulfilling creative outlet.
  4. We just returned from San Diego and as with any vacation, we always return home to a mountain of laundry, extra needy kitties and a reminder of all of our daily work that we left behind.
  5. I have a cold which makes numbers 1-4 just that much bigger and more dramatic.

... I'm incredibly grateful~

  1. My mom is visiting from California. It is nice to have someone around that truly gets everything about me.
  2. We will be spending the weekend with friends, old and new.
  3. The kitchen is fully stocked and ready to prepare some savory meals. Tonight, sausage with multicolored peppers and basil. Tomorrow, blueberry pancakes, chicken soup with rice, and millet and yam burgers.
  4. We have planned a long overdue trip to see our Nana. We miss her terribly and are looking forward to an easygoing afternoon with plenty of catch up.
  5. For all of my Bloggee's who are so loyal and inspiring. Thank you for all of your kind words that bring such beauty to my life. Because my children are in need of a more mindful and present mama at the moment, I will be posting only when my absence is not affecting them in any way. Please continue to check in from time to time, but know we will probably be much more present on our Flickr site for now.

Blessings to you and remember to take time for yourself and those you love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is funny, we came to similar conclusions at the same time. I realized that my blogging and surfing was taking my time and energy from my little loved ones. I became very strict with limiting my computer time and don't regret it. Definitely, the little ones need us so much and being fully present with them gives the most wonderful satisfaction. Thank you for so many wonderful posts so far. I hope that you are doing well!