Sunday, November 18, 2007

Special Spots




I just wanted to share the space in which we live, laugh and create. Home.... so much more than walls and a roof. A place where we can just be us and where our subconscious allows us to self express and freely think. A place where we come together without conditions, just understanding and compassion.

Around our home, we have certain spots were we feel an emotional connection. For Samantha, each time she looks at her cluster of drawings it's as though time freezes. When she steps back to take a look, you can see that she is reminded of what inspired each piece. As for Jasper, the child who loves his sleep, the smell of his pillow and a soft friend that is ready to cuddle bring warmth and comfort. For me, all I need is to sit in my sewing chair; the chair I salvaged from an antique fair and painted my favorite color. The chair that allows me to take an out breath and to create to my fullest capacity.

* * *
I can't say thank you enough for your dedication to this blog. The comments and emails have been insightful and endearing. Please keep checking in and don't hesitate to leave me a message.

1 comment:

Joanne Bridges said...

Your family is truly amazing. The atmosphere is so extremely inspiring. I am truly humbled by the creativeness which springs forth from all of you, and am proud to say that you are my family. I love all of you very much.

Love,
Mom