Friday, December 14, 2007

the great "indoors"




A chill has finally hit Portland and as Samantha says, "Jack Frost has come for a visit". Each morning it seems we are frantically scraping the mischievous work of Mr. Frost off our car windows, hoping our little detour from our morning ritual will not make us too late for school. All the while, the house has become our warm nest; our retreat from the cold- did I say cold?- rather bone chilling world outside.

The weather is not my idea of a good time (being a California girl and all) and I feel that I will never get use to it but what I do love about this time of year is how it brings us all together. Not just emotionally and spiritually, but physically. We are physically forced to share a smaller space and in doing so, I feel more connected to my family.

With all of our new found "indoor time", guess what we have been up to? ....Crafting, crafting and more crafting. Last week we got our beautiful noble fir and began to adorn it with handmade goodness. The kids started with these star ornaments that they received in their Advent stocking. With a little tissue paper and some icy glaze (aka. watered down glue), they were able to make these completely on their own. Samantha enjoyed herself so much that when her ornament was finished, she began decorating paper plates.

No comments: