Saturday, December 29, 2007

a search for the light

This past Wednesday at approximately 2:14 pm, we caught a glimpse of sun sneak it's way into the house. For a split second, I basked in it's warmth and then ran off to find the camera. It is these moments, in a season of darkness, that keep me whole and lively. I have found living in Oregon that the weather can really predict the way I feel on a given day. A rainy, dreary day can make me feel quiet and sleepy while a sunny or even a "bright white" snowy day can have me full of energy and bubbling over. I suppose again this is a reminder of how connected we are to the Earth and everything around us.

Because these light filled days have been few and far between, we "the Hammerwig's" are embarking on an adventure in search of the sun. In January, we will be traveling to Arizona for a complete vitamin D refill and plenty of relaxation and fun. I am finding that in order for me to be a truly balanced individual, I need to listen to my heart, mind and body and right now, I simply need more light.

Dear friends, may you have many moments to bask in the sun in the coming months and may your hearts remain warm as the darkness approaches.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey there! I thought I'd visit after seeing your comment on my blog. Lovely blog you've got here and what a talented sewer you are! I'll be back :)

Anonymous said...

Tulip is truly enjoying some NW sun.

Mom