Sunday, February 10, 2008

a date with my pirate

All right, I have to admit I really didn't want to expose my children to the world of pirates until they were at least 18! but this one just fell into our laps. Good ol' Captain Bogg and Salty, the pirate band from lovely Portland, OR. We first stumbled upon one of their shows 2 years ago at a local park and have been following them ever since.

These scullywagg's sing about everything from preventing scurvy (EAT A LIME!) to dancing the pegleg tango through fun, energetic "sea chanteys". When Samantha and I found that they would be playing in our neighborhood, we jumped at the opportunity to see them - as good groupies do.

The show was a blast. Samantha and I sang along with our hook fingers fully engage. Although, there were multiple times that we thought of dear Jasper, sick at home with Daddy. He is a huge fan too.

We did feel a little underdressed today as children and parents sailed into the theater in full pirate gear. It is so nice to see these local artists bringing a community together. So inspiring really. Sam and I came right home and started working on our pirate costumes for the next show. Maybe we'll see you there, Mateys!

No comments: