Thursday, February 7, 2008

samantha blogs: clay class

Hi, this is Samantha and I have been going to clay class. I have been making bowls, a plate, a cup, a dessert plate and magnets.

This is a corner of my big plate. I put a stamp into the clay to make a butterfly. Green and blue are two of my favorite colors.

After we did all of our lessons, I made magnets. I took a cookie cutter and cut them out. Then I put lace on them to make prints.

I made a cup. We cut a circle and a straight line. We rolled the straight line into a circle and we put "slip" on the circle. Then we attached the two circles and let them sit and dry. I decorated the straight line with sea stamps. I chose the color orange because it is my brother's most favorite color.

I love clay class. I get to make things that I get to bring home and use. I like taking clay class with my friends and I hope I can take the class again.

Love, Samantha

3 comments:

Julie, Lee, Noah and Neve Machen said...

Samantha-

Noah says he "wants you to show him how to make those. Did you cook them on a hot stove? The cup is my favorite. Will you use it at snack time?"
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I was truly amazed by the creations Samantha and her friends were able to create.

It was inspiring!

I would encourage everyone to take a look at the Dorothy Steele Studio:

http://dorothysteelestudio.com/

A proud Papa

Anonymous said...

Hi Noah,

The dishes took a long time to make. We fired them in a kiln. I use them all the time. You can take a clay class, too.

Bye, bye...

Hugs,
Samantha