Monday, February 11, 2008

we've been noticing...

Flocks of birds gathering in our trees for their annual reunion. Daffodils and crocuses peeking out from under the moist, dense soil. A hazy sun that greets us at the breakfast table and remains glowing longer into the evening. Magnificent camellias in pale pink, so welcoming and full of life. A new found love for pastels and linen. Days filled with outdoor play. Rebirth all around us and birthday celebrations aplenty.

You would think with all of this loveliness, I would have a photo that better depicts my interpretation of spring. Instead, I have the picture that I took early this morning (hence my lack of light) when I found that Samantha would be going with a friend to a birthday party after school. This was my only chance to capture a moment with this birthday crown before it went on it's merry way.

I do hope that spring is showing it's presence in your lives and that it's freshness and vibrance inspire true greatness. Breathe it in...

No comments: