Thursday, January 10, 2008

a close "knit" family

I have always been a very sensitive person. From the time I was a child, any situation that was even slightly heartwarming would cause me to instantly well up. A dad taking his child out on a date, a very close family, or a kind gesture made by a perfect stranger would send my emotions into overdrive. I suppose the reason I have this kind of reaction is that I have always believed in the beauty within people.

Well, this particular print was a 2 tissue moment for me {with a lot of laughing in between}. I will forever remember the look on John's face when he saw me lose it with this one. He has seen much of my welling in his day..... but to sob over a picture of two people knitting. Good grief!

What it represents to me is a closeness that I want to have with my children. A desire to not just live my life around them but to share my life with them.


When Samantha and I were able to sit down today and knit together for the first time, it was truly exhilarating. After being apart most of the day, it was the perfect moment to catch up on the days events and to reveal our knitting progress row by row -Samantha 4 rows- Mama 4 rows, then pulled out 2- oops!

I'm hoping she will meet me here again tomorrow....

~Sweet dreams my friends~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like mother, like daugher.

Two beautiful, sensitive souls that I love.

Love,
John