Thursday, January 17, 2008

nature table ~ part one

I wanted to share with all of you a secret corner in my home. This is Samantha's space where she lovingly displays her seasonal treasures. Sammy has always enjoyed creating nature scenes throughout the house; one on her dresser, another tucked away on a shelf in the living room. When I was finding these sweet creations just about everywhere, I knew it was time to get Sam her own table. On a trip to the antique mall down the street, I found this tool caddy from the 1940's. A sturdy handle, legs and a tall lip around the edge made this the perfect piece for this project.


As you can see, she has little bits from everywhere. A walnut shell from a nearby tree, a beeswax wreath she made in German, sticks and chestnuts from walks around the city and even fairy kisses (flattened marbles) from the soup pot in her play kitchen. A combination of these things make such a pleasant and inviting scene. So lovely that the rainbow gnomes are still celebrating and dancing around their colorful tree, completely unfazed that they are standing in the bitter cold.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your nature table. What a nice find it was with the lip around the edges to keep everything safe. The little gnomes are adorable. I want to make a table like this too! Thank you so much for sharing.