Tuesday, January 1, 2008

happy day...

There has been some amazing play around this house in the past week and a half. With winter break in full swing, Samantha and Jasper have completely reconnected and are inseparable.

Early this morning, I was greeted by two children in bathing suits on their way to the coast. Jasper was a lifeguard looking for his lifeguard stand while Samantha was a diver in search of beautiful ocean treasures. Around 10am, as I poured my second cup of tea, two moles slowly creeped around my legs and invited me to view their dark cozy den. By noon, a lovely princess appeared with her handsome prince with a royal plan to make paper crowns for all the babies in the kingdom.

By 2pm, I finally reeled them in to the art room with a "whatcha doing, Mommy?". In a desperate attempt to begin our thank you cards, I brought out the huge guillotine paper cutter (which is sharp and dangerous and oh, so interesting...) and I began to cut. Samantha and Jasper were thrilled to draw on such small pieces of paper. Their drawings just so happened to fit perfectly on the cardstock that I cut and the cardstock just so happened to fit (when folded) inside the envelopes that we had. How wonderful it is when all of our work is done and through it all, the play never ceases!! Happy day...

1 comment:

Julie, Lee, Noah and Neve Machen said...

Wow, those are amazing cards. Geez, just listening to all the imagination makes me need a nap. How glorious. I love glimpses into your happy nest.